t’s a bit of a busy weekend for the hardcore psp homebrew fans. We’ve only just reported on the 1.50 kernel add-on for CFW 4.01 M33, and now Dark AleX has let loose an update for Team M33’s latest custom PSP firmware.
The 4.01 M33-2 update, comes with the following bugfixes:
- Nids resolver: Fixed scePowerGetCpuClockFrequency issue. This is the same bug that happened in 3.80 M33-1, it won’t happen again ¬¬
- Fixes recovery problems that have appeared in prior version (incorrect position of back string in language others than english, enable, and disabled strings not translated in plugins, hide pic0 pic1 couldn’t be changed, language file in flash1 wasn’t working..
- Spanish recovery translation typos fixed.
The download awaits. You can also upgrade to 4.01 M33-2 via CFW 4.01 M33’s Network Update function. You can never be too careful, so make sure that you know what you’re doing before running this update. PSP emulator
Homebrew developer Auraomega has released the latest build to Project4, an XMB replacement for the PSP. This is now the fourth release for the Open Beta. Auraomega highlighted a few of the more important updates in this build: “a new config setup, music streaming, some new modules, a super speeded installer” as well as many others.
Here’s the changelog for Project4, Open Beta 4. The build has a lot of bug fixes as well, which can be found after the changelog:
- Added a “faded” look to menus.
- Flash3 mounting in read/write mode.
- Added disc0:/ mounting in read mode.
- Split the fonts allowing for seperate main fonts and clock fonts.
- Fix background loading some files, this will be used in the next version more.
- Changed the way the album art is displayed, when a song is played with “Album.jpg” the image is placed in the centre of the screen with a black background surrounding it.
- Icons now have a transition effect instead of just appearing they now slide from each other, this can be turned off for a speedup or just to fit more with the theme.